Happy 20th Birthday ARFF!
Welcome to the ARFF Agility Club Website!
Join us Labor Day weekend (Aug 30 & 31)for our USDAA Dog Agility Trial at Middlesex 4-H Fairground, Westford, MA.
Thanks to everyone who competed at our May trial. Thanks also to our volunteers - we can't do it without you.
ARFF At a Glance
The ARFF (Agility is Really Fun for Fido) Agility Club was founded in 1993 by a small group of Boston-area agility enthusiasts. The purpose of our club is the advancement of dogs and handlers in agility training, and to promote an interest in, and a public appreciation for, agility-trained dogs and agility competition.
Rachel “Pagey” Elliott, renowned author, golden retriever breeder, and dog movement expert, provided the ARFF Agility Club with a practice field at her farm in Carlisle. Her family has graciously continued that tradition since Pagey’s passing in 2009. Weekly practices are held at the field from April through October, weather permitting.
Some quick ARFF facts:
- ARFF is 70+ members strong.
- ARFFers compete at local USDAA, AKC, NADAC, CPE, and Teacup agility trials in all levels from starters/PI/novice/level 1 to Masters/PIII/Excellent/Elite/level C.
- Nine ARFFers have trained and handled their dogs to agility championships. At last count, ARFF dogs have earned a total of six ADCHs, two APDs, eight MACHs, one PAX, one NATCH, and five C-ATCHs.
- Several ARFF teams have competed at World Team try outs, AKC Nationals, AKC Invitational, CPE Nationals, and Cynosport World Games.
- ARFF hosts a Labor Day weekend USDAA trial each year and periodic fun matches.
- ARFF welcomes newcomers to the sport and supports newbies as they pursue their agility dreams.
Come join us! If you and your dog have completed some previous agility instruction and can demonstrate basic safe handling practices, we invite you to apply to become a member.
Agility is Really Fun for Fido.